CQUEST machines in Sid Smith and Earth Sciences are UNIX boxes running Red Hat, so operating them may not be intuitive to those of you used to windows machines. While I have not tried this personally, CQUEST's administration assures me that you can use any FAT-16 formatted memory key to download information if you follow these instructions:
1. Insert your key in the USB port
2. Move the mouse to an empty part of the desktop and right click.
3. Select Disks->usbflash1 (left USB slot)
or Disks->usbflash2 (right USB slot)
4. An icon will appear on desktop
5. When you are finished, click on the icon and select Unmount Volume
If you run into trouble, you can ask for help at: email@example.com
If you try this, let me know whether you were successful and whether the instructions presented here should be modified!
If you do not have a CQUEST account, go to: www.cquest.utoronto.ca and click on the link to create a new account.